Sunday, December 19, 2010

Beer and Cake!

For Christmas, my mother bought my sister's boyfriend nice beer mugs and a really expensive 6-pack of Stella Artois. I mean, $10 for a 6-pack expensive. Something was bound to go wrong when a woman who NEVER buys beer buys really pricy beer.

The 6-pack fell out of the truck and broke. Of course.

She managed to save three of the six bottles and now, guess who is enjoying one?

That's right. I am drinking a bottle of beer that costs almost $2. And it isn't even really that great. I mean, I can't tell the difference between this and Bud Light.

I must not have expensive taste.

On anther note, I made a great cake tonight. Butter pecan. I will post a picture and the recipe.


Of course, I used a nice Christmas-y bundt pan, but any pan would work.

Butter Pecan Cake:
1 box butter pecan cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil (or substitute the same amount of applesauce!)
1 can pecan/coconut frosting

Mix all ingredients together (yes, even the frosting goes into the batter). Pour into a greased pan (make sure to flour the pan as well if you are using a specialty pan like I did. And a neat little trick: use the dry cake mix instead of flour. No white stuff left over after baking!) Bake the cake for about 50 minutes on 350ยบ.

Here is what it looks like after....


Delicioso! (Said with a sexy Spanish accent of course.)

2 comments:

  1. Your cake is sooooo pretty!

    Delicioso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Love. This. Post.
    You drinking your expensive beer. I mean Chris' expensive beer. hahaha.
    I feel bad she has to buy two 6 packs.=(

    I can't wait for cookies!

    ReplyDelete