Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Can't Say I Didn't Warn You...

Everyone has a pet peeve right? Some people don't like liars, or people who only think about themselves. Some people don't like people who don't use their turn signal. Or people that don't use coasters on the nice furniture. Personally, I actually hate all of these things too. I want to ram into the back of people's cars when they slam on their brakes for seemingly no reason, and then turn. I yell and scream. I don't want water rings on the furniture that my parents gave me for my apartment. I want my stuff to look nice. And of course I don't like selfish people or liars.

But you know what really gets me? NAIL BITERS. I cannot stand to see someone with their fingers in their mouth gnawing on their nails. Where have their hands been prior to biting on their nails? And then, what are they going to touch with their disgusting spit hands that have just been in their mouth? I am probably going to get some kind of horrible disease because of nail biters. Mark my word.

And the worst part about me hating nail biters? The Student Nurse is a nail biter. A habitual nail biter. I want to scream sometimes. Actually, I want to scream every time she does it. Which is often. Just today, we were in the car coming back home from working out at school, and she was biting her nails. In MY car.

Me: I hate that.

The Student Nurse: I'm sorry.

Me: If you don't stop, I'm going to write about it in my blog.

The Student Nurse: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Me: Yep. So stop.

The Student Nurse: Don't do it please!

Me: It's just so disgusting. I mean, where do the little bits go?

The Student Nurse: ...I don't know...

Me: *gag*

After that conversation, she stopped. For a while. Obviously not forever or I wouldn't be writing about it right?

So here we are, sitting at the kitchen table (the kitchen table, where we eat), and I hear this sucking and gnawing and teeth-hitting-teeth noise. I look up and sure enough, The Student Nurse has her thumb in her mouth, chewing on her nail.

Me: That's it. I warned you.

The Student Nurse: AHHHH!!! NOOOOO!!!

Me: I told you what would happen if you didn't stop biting your nails.

The Student Nurse: *freaking out*

Me: *hard glare*

The Student Nurse: Fine. I will just write about it first.

Me: Don't. You. Dare.

The Student Nurse: *shrugs*

Me: If you do it, I won't talk to you for two days.

The Student Nurse: That's ok. I like to be alone on Friday an Saturday.

Me. Tomorrow is Thursday.

The Student Nurse: *eyes widen* NOOOO!!!!!

She is over there now typing furiously. She better not be blogging about her nail biting before I can post this.

But she is still biting her nails. As I type this. Her fingers are in her mouth. Chewing her nails to the quick. Making me want to throw up.

Thank you The Student Nurse. My dinner will be just as good coming up as it was going down I'm sure.  :-/

2 comments:

  1. Dinner wasn't that good going down though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good story teller. You make me giggle every time.

    ReplyDelete