Thursday, January 13, 2011

All Shook Up

I haven't had the best of days. Oh....where to start...I suppose it's best to start when I woke up. Or actually, before I woke up this morning. I was dreaming.

I remember my dreams quite a lot. This is radically different from The Student Nurse, who says that she can never remember her dreams. And my dreams always seem to be so weird. Like, this afternoon, I took a nap after I got home from school. I dreamed that I was in a strange house, waiting for someone, but I don't know who I was waiting for. So I was in the house waiting and I decide that since I am there all by myself for an indefinite amount of time, I was going to get naked and dance around the house. There I am, dancing naked in a strange house. Suddenly, I hear a car in the driveway and rush into the bathroom to put my clothes back on, but I can't find them, so I just put on a robe. Then The Student Nurse came home from school and woke me up.

The whole point is, I have weird dreams. And last night, I had a weird dream. Sometimes, even if I remember my dream right as I wake up, throughout the day, the details become fuzzy, so I can't really remember the dream I had last night at the moment, but just trust me when I said I woke up and kind of felt emotionally drained. I did not want to get up. I wanted to roll over and start over. But that was not an option. So I got up.

I go in the bathroom and look in the mirror. This is what I see.


Hair all over the place, crazed expression. My first thought was, "Well, this isn't going to work out today, Kayla." But I took a deep breath and went in full force. Besides, my horoscope said that I was going to look really good today. More on the horoscope thing later.

So I get my hair and face in order. Then I remember that I was supposed to be at school early today for some announcements that needed to be said before class started. I had to hurry. I hate having to hurry. I get up a tab bit earlier than I really need to on most days, just so I won't have to hurry. I almost didn't even have time to make my coffee. I didn't have time to eat breakfast. I had to throw a yogurt in my bag. But I got my coffee, which is what I really needed.

I step outside and I am almost blown over. The wind is so strong all that time I spent on taming my hair is shot in the bud.

I get to school. No problems in the car thankfully. I sit down. I push back the lid to my coffee to take a drink and it spews on me. I hate when that happens. Not a whole lot of coffee got on my clothes, but just enough for me to get annoyed.

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful, although, I literally thought I was going to die of boredom in my last 2-hour class block. It was torture. However, I did get to hone my Sonic the Hedgehog skills.

I get home from school and I am starving. But I don't know what I'm starving for. Sweet? Salty? Savory? So I just try everything. I take a bite of brownie. Nope. I eat a few sour cream and onion chips. Nada. I'm starting to panic. I look in the pantry and see some bread. Bread, bread, bread....peanut butter. That's it. I take the bread and spread some peanut butter on top and I think I fell in love with peanut butter all over again. It hit the spot. But then after I ate it, I felt bad because I didn't measure it, and I'm trying to lose a bit of weight through Weight Watchers. And you have to measure and count EVERYTHING. I decided to give up on the whole day. I will start fresh tomorrow, right?

So then I took a nap. And had the dream I already told you about. The Student Nurse and I head out to Chipotle. Again, not a good decision, but it's whatever for today. While at Chipotle, we run into The Student Nurse's creepy stalker dude from school. It was really awkward. But kind of fun at the same time. I had never actually seen him in person. If you want to read about the creepy stalker dude, and his friend, read her blogs about him here and here.

After we get back to the apartment from Chipotle, we get started with the Wii Fit. The Student Nurse and I both have Miis, so we switch off everyday on who's Mii we use. Today was my day. I should have know it wasn't going to be pretty after binging on peanut butter, napping, and then hitting up Chipotle. The verdict? Three pounds more. EW. I almost had a cow right here in our living room. Really horrible. But I had a good work out after that. So there is one thing.

After all, this, you wonder what else there could be, right?

My whole identity has been shattered. For my entire life, or well, at least since I was cognitive about this, I have been a Taurus. A stable Earth sign. Tactile. Dependable. Stubborn. I like it. I'm happy with it. I read my horoscope everyday. I don't know if I actually believe it, but it's fun. Don't judge me.

Apparently, however, the Zodiac signs have changed. What? You are going to tell an Earth sign that they need to change? I don't think so. I'm supposed to be an Aries now. A Fire sign. Fire? That just sounds dangerous. I'm not into that sort of thing. So here I am, researching all about this change in the signs. Some say it's been changing forever and someone just now decided to say something about it. Some say that the change is only for those born in or after 2009. Some say it is for everyone. I don't even know what to believe.

I was sitting on the couch in a complete depression over my astrological sign changing. And then something hits me. What the heck am I doing gluing myself to something that probably isn't even real? I mean, really, horoscopes? I should just ask all my life questions to a Magic 8 Ball.

Not anymore. I am no longer a Taurus. I am not going to be an Aries. I am a ME. And that is the only person that I need to identify myself with.

Even though my day hasn't gone exceptionally well, I like this ending. The ending where I had an enormous revelation.

Thank you, thank you very much.

UPDATE (1/13/11, 11:36pm): The Student Nurse referenced me in her newest blog post. It's about our adventure tonight with the creeper in Chipotle. Have fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment