Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Danger!

Snow. It's snowing. It's snowing a lot.

I had to drive in it on my way home from school. It wasn't fun. Actually...it was really scary. Probably the most scary. Ever. Or that I have ever driven in at least. Here's a pic I took as I was coming home. And yes, I was snapping camera pics while driving in this mess. I know...it might have made the drive a little bit more scary than it should have been, but I had to document my fearful journey home.


I wanted to make it large just so you could really see what was going on. Let me break it down for you.

First of all, notice the water droplets on my windshield. That is the snow melting as soon as it hits my window because I have my heater on full blast because I'm freakin' freezing. And my car takes forever to heat up. But, as I was going about 15, on the highway, there was actually plenty of time for my car to heat up before I got home.

Second, look at the position of my windshield wipers. See how they are obscuring the view? That was only the beginning of it. Snow was falling so hard, and so fast, that I literally could not see out my back windshield. The snow was piling up too fast for my back defroster to really work. I think that's a big part of why it was so scary to drive home, I couldn't see anything behind me.

Third, look at the car in front of me. What color is that car? No, really look close. You can't really tell, right? And you can't tell what color the car is because there is so much snow. What you also can't tell about that car is that it constantly had its brake lights on. That's dumb, people! Snow is slick, didn't anyone ever tell you that? Brakes and snow don't really mix that well, so go slow in the first place and tap your brakes, don't ride on the brakes.

Fourth, and i think this is a very important one, notice that I am being passed by a huge truck on the left side. It's snowing, didn't you notice? That means you should probably slow down. Just because you are driving a big truck that has four-wheel drive doesn't mean that you should creep (and by creep, I mean come up behind me really fast and scare the livin' daylights out of me because I couldn't see out my back windshield in the first place) up and blow right by me. You are part of the reason (along with the car in front of me that is riding the brakes) that driving the in snow really sucks.

The last thing that I think you should notice about the picture is this: I couldn't even seen 20 feet in front of me the whole way home. The snow was that bad. Have I said that the snow was bad enough times? It was. Really bad.

Oh, by the way, the color of the car in front of me? It was red.

2 comments: