Saturday, January 22, 2011

Frats...and Subs

Whew...I haven't written a post in a long while, huh? I think school is trying to take me away from my blogging world. HA! Not really, I'm just super lazy.

Nothing much has really happened in my life. I've gone class. I've made some delicious meals, like Coq au Vin. I've slept. I've drank some really awful wine. I've studied (a teeny bit). I've played Wii Fit (YAY!). Oh, and of course, I've showered several times since we last spoke.

But, I've also decided to join a fraternity at school. I know, I'm a girl. But apparently pharmacy school doesn't discriminate between the sexes (except for calling the groups fraternities) and guys and gals are allowed into each fraternity.

"A fraternity," you may ask? Parties, drinking, blah blah. Not what I really want to get into. However, these are community service fraternities. Yes, of course they are going to host parties, but the main purpose of each fraternity is to do good things like raise money for breast cancer or diabetes.

So, I decided I needed to branch out and join one of these fraternities. It is going to look good on a curriculum vitae at least. And that is going to help me get a good job.

This week, each fraternity had a night where the new prospective members could come and get to meet the existing members and find out what each fraternity is really about. There are three fraternities to choose from. At the beginning of the week, I had it narrowed down to two. Not bad. But I was expecting it to be a hard decision.

Fortunately, it was so easy to chose which fraternity I liked the most. This particular fraternity's theme was "Game Night." All the existing members were very nice and welcoming. I had a very good time and I knew that the next fraternity was really going to have to blow this one out of the waters for me to even consider it.

Well, the next night I went to the second fraternity night. This one's theme was "Trivia Night." Did it blow the other one out of the water? Hm...it actually just blowed. It was awful. The existing members basically ostracized the new prospective members by sitting far from us and not socializing at all with us. I didn't feel welcome at all. It felt as if they didn't really want any new members.

So after the really good night, and the really bad night, it was very clear which fraternity I wanted to be a part of. I'm gad my decision making process was made easy for me.

I have the worst trouble with making decisions. For example, I was at Sheets the other day and I was going to order a chicken sub. Did that happen? Nope. Want to know why? Because I had too many choices and could not make up my mind within a reasonable amount of time. There was just screen after screen of choices, from cheese to condiments. I couldn't handle it. It was stressful and horrible.

There is something wrong with me if I cant even make a decision about a chicken sub.

No comments:

Post a Comment